Frequently Asked Questions
In general, AFTER any insurance loss, the following actions should be taken:
What should you do?
- Contact an insurance agent immediately so you can gain a better understanding of what you are entitled to.
- Document the source/date/time and save all remnants and contents.
- Call profession, certified restoration company.
- Walk through and mitigate the loss to prevent secondary damage.
- Board up the property to prevent any further damage/theft.
- Close all doors in the affected area.
- Do not enter the house until it has been inspected and given the "ok" to reenter.
- Contact your utility provider to discontinue service.
- Ask for rush items to be cleaned.
- Create a backup of any and all computer systems.
What should you NOT do?
- Cross contaminate the affected area