Back to Postings
Do you have a great work ethic? Are you looking for a dynamic company to grow your skills? Do you want consistent work, job security, and great teammates to enjoy your days with? Come join our McCardel Team!
We are looking for a talented Project Manager to help retain customers by fulfilling McCardel Restoration's contractual obligations
through the timely completion of our cleaning and construction services. Overseeing and directing construction projects from conception to completion by managing your team. To facilitate the timely and profitable delivery of all services while maintaining company standards for quality and customer satisfaction. Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building safety and regulations. The applicant may also be asked to perform various duties such as water extraction, drying, and mold remediation on both residential and commercial properties.
As a Project Manager in our construction division you can expect competitive wages, benefits, paid holidays, paid time off, available double and triple time, potential overtime, and best of all…no layoffs! McCardel provides on-the-job training, company vehicles, cellphones, tools, and uniforms to aid in your success. We also offer performance-based advancement and annual reviews allowing you to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
If you meet or exceed the following skills/requirements and thrive on providing quality work, we want to hear from you!
This position will require working indoors and outdoors in various settings; residential and commercial worksites. Physical effort is needed to endure long hours working outside in extreme conditions in awkward positions causing physical discomfort and strain, lifting and adjusting heavy objects, and working with materials that could cause injury or illness. Typical work week is eight (8) hour workdays, five (5) days per week with on-call work.
- Complete walk through and Estimate writing with detailed notes.
- Manage project through all stages of life cycle, update life cycle as needed.
- Budget jobs and create supplement & change orders for additional items not included in estimate.
- Provide scheduling and direction to office team and production team.
- Advanced knowledge of technical construction skills, including, but not limited to: drywall, doors, windows, flooring, trim, cabinets, paint, roofing, siding, plumbing, framing, etc.
- Assist field employees with technical skills in complex job tasks.
- Deliver feedback to employees; manage performance by adhering to review schedule and completing disciplinary action process as needed.
- Develop subcontractor/vendor relationships, monitor the quality and timeliness of their work on all projects.
- Understand and provide breakdown of job costs as needed.
- Complete Invoicing weekly with admin for progress billings & emergency work.
- Negotiate purchases of labor and materials by meeting Gross Profit Margin (GPM).
- Manage company assets and equipment, ensure regular care and maintenance is completed.
- Model and enforce safety rules and policies.
- Facilitate training of new employees and on-going training and development of existing employees.
- Identify labor needs, participate in the interview and selection process.
Skills & Abilities
- 5+ years in project management and/or BS in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering field.
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details, and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Familiarity with Xactimate, DASH (job management software), Microsoft Suite, Sharepoint.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to strategize and see the “big picture.”
- Leadership and human resources management skills.
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Be knowledgeable in and able to complete Emergency Services and post-reconstruction clean-up work which may include: water/mold/sewage/fire damage/ vehicle impacts.
- Physical activity that requires full range of body movements including the use of hands, feet and fingers to handle or feel objects and use equipment.
- Capability of lifting 50-75lbs and ability to stand, kneel, or climb and work in tight spaces for extended periods of time
- Must be able to sit for an extended period and work on a computer.
- Must have command of all five senses sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face for long periods of time.