Job Cost Accountant
Back to Postings
To support the production team in accurately assessing job expenses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Job Costing; coordinate with production administrators to secure payments, issue progress billing, work orders, purchase orders and job cost summaries.
- Assist in the completion of financial statements, job costing, accounts payable, communication with client's insurance firms and other systems related to the accounting and fiscal control systems of the company.
- Clerical duties; answering of phones, filing of paperwork, greeting of guests.
- Payroll; assist in the approval of payroll records and communicate with our outsourced payroll vendor and Controller.
- Financial Statements; assist with the creation of monthly, quarterly and annual performance reporting. Recommend revenue increasing and/or cost savings initiatives as you uncover areas of opportunity.
- Taxes; assist CPA firm with tax filings and year-end W-2 and 1099 forms.
- Employee relations; resolve employee issues, partner with management on performance issues.
- Comply; ensure compliance with all local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings; model GAAP standards and internal company policy.
- Other various office tasks as determined by Controller, Owner-Operator and senior managers.
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- A minimum of an Associates degree in accounting and 2+ years of relevant experience required.
- Construction industry and/or job costing experience preferred.
- Payroll experience required.
- Proficient Excel and QuickBooks user.
- Strong sense of ethical conduct and thoroughness.
- High sense of urgency.
- Must be able to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with grace and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Skills & Abilities
- Cost Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Quickbooks: 2 years (Required)