Back to Postings
Reports to: Contents Supervisor
To support the restoration division with the cleaning and restoration of client's belongings and structures damaged by water, fire, smoke, and mold. Cleaning Technicians provide exceptional customer service, content cleaning labor, packing of customer contents, site cleanup and completion of detailed job records. The position may assist the restoration or reconstruction division.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completion of contents tasks based on work orders.
- Thorough understanding of water, mold, and smoke removal procedures. Develop knowledge of cleaning equipment.
- Communicate job progress and employee performance of restoration team daily to Restoration Supervisor and/or Production Administrator.
- Understanding of cleaning upholstery & carpeting, odor removal and treatment of hazardous materials.
- Recording a thorough inventory of all clients' restorable and non-restorable items
- Packing and unpacking of clients' property in a secure manner, with care to not damage property or structure.
- Responsible for collecting information and communicating supplements and change orders.
- Provide accurate information to support the job costing process.
- Understand and utilize DASH, Nextraq, TSheets, and all company software to assist in completion of job tasks.
- Aides in the development, implementation, and revision of company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Model and enforce safety rules and policies.
- Required to complete Emergency Services and post-reconstruction clean-up work which may include: water/mold/sewage/fire damage.
- 1+ year in cleaning or general labor position
- Participation in our On-Call Program (Rotation)
- Consistent attendance and punctuality
- Have reliable transportation
- Valid in-state driver's license with clean driving record
- Ability to drive and maneuver a vehicle with a trailer
- Technology savvy (iPhone, iPad, Office Suite Applications) is a plus
- Can work well both in teams and independently
- Works well with hands
- Clearly demonstrate effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Possess strong customer service skills and handle challenging situations in a professional manner
- Have a strong attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Demonstrate the ability to complete work orders and meet deadlines
This position will require working indoors and outdoors in various settings; residential and commercial work sites. Physical effort is needed to endure long hours working outside in extreme conditions in awkward positions causing physical discomfort and strain, lifting and adjusting heavy objects, and working with materials that could cause injury or illness. Typical workweek is eight (8) hour workdays, five (5) days per week with some weekend and on-call work as needed.
- Physical activity that requires full range of body movements including the use of hands, feet and fingers to handle or feel objects and use equipment.
- Physical activity that often requires walking, bending, sitting and lifting for prolonged periods of time.
- Physical activity that often requires bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, kneeling and/or twisting.
- Physical activity that often requires lifting over 75 lbs.
- Physical activity that requires travel by truck with trailer.
- Physical activity that requires pushing and/or pulling over 30 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for an extended period and work on a computer.
- Must have command of all five senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face for long periods of time.